Seven years ago, a very powerful individual in Africa, whose company I assisted, absconded with very large amount of my money. He absconded with $100,000.00. He was powerful enough to go under the radar but his company effectively operated. The government agency responsible for crimes investigation were ready to get to works and bring the culprit to book but they had no means of doing so at the early stage . Often time,there was no power supply to operate,they had no gas to mobilize and search for evidence nor call cards to communicate.(Details in my book: NOT AFRAID TO LEAD). At that time, the money equates to about One hundred thousand dollars ($100,000.00) for only on a starting amount of Ten Million Naira would the government agency work modalities to summon this individual. In Africa, corruption is glaring in the daylight. People who steal very large sums of money do so with no atom of empathy, worst of all, they do so with pride! As the investigation went on and as we tried to identify how $100,000.00 was spent,I recall him reminding me how I am a “young female” and how it was best that I sit with him alone rather than involve the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. He underestimated my quest for justice because I am female.
- You go out and agitate for a leader who is not answerable to you..
- You go out and kill each other for a leader who does not care about you, your children or your children’s children..
- You cause menace in the society for a leader who will create no opportunity for your child to do greatly and be great..
- You sell yourself, your dignity and your country for a few change..
- You lay your life down for a leader who will attempt to subject your daughters brilliance to her sexuality and equate her knowledge to the bedroom .